It is located at an elevation on 2,000 Metres. You will surely love the views.
The Swing placed at the edge of the ridge, once you get over your fear you will not want to get off.
A cozy reading corner with a library next to a large window is the perfect setting for an afternoon.
The Jilling Terraces homestay comprises two large suites, two rooms and accompanying ante rooms with every room. The colour palettes are inspired by various flowers and berries. The Kafal room for instance, has been done up keeping in mind the wild tangy berry by the same name; what’s more, it has two large windows which are great for spectacular views.
Its not just another place to spend the night, its an unparalleled offbeat experience that will emboss memories that you wouldn’t want to forget
Add-on experiences offered by the host
We are providing all 03 meals- breakfast, lunch, dinner on complimentary basis.
After a moderate walk through large conifers, thick oaks, luscious rhododendrons, a stray horse chestnut, laden peaches, plums and apple trees and after crossing a few seasonal waterfalls, just as you are about to reach the top of the ridge, you are confronted with a charming 80-year-old stone house with a backdrop of Nanda Devi and the surrounding peaks. Welcome to Jilling Terraces! We have indoor fireplace in the lower suites ( Buransh and Utish) of Chestnut House and in the dining room.
Roam around anywhere on the private land of Jilling Terraces and find a perfect corner to read a book or to laze around.
Interaction with Guests
The staff is always ready to pamper you with anything you may need. The team keeps on interacting with their guests to make sure they are comfortable.
You can go for a nature walk around the property. There are a lot of trails which leads to different locations.
Jilling Terraces is 45 min Climb from Matial Village.
Kathgodam is the nearest rail head, from Kathgodam its a 1hr drive up hill via Bhimtal to Matial Village.
New Delhi is the nearest Airport and from Delhi you can either take the train or drive. Its about 7-8 hrs drive from Delhi Airport and there are several trains from Delhi for Kathgodam.
Other Things to Note
• The house is about a 45-60 minute scenic hike from Matial Village. Worry not though, you just have to carry yourself and not your luggage.
• If you are not much of a walker, Ponies can be prearranged to carry you up/down from the property.
• At 2000 m, the nights can get quite chilly, don’t forget to carry warm woollens. Also, there are a lot of small hikes and treks around so take a good sturdy pair of shoes along.
• If you are the kind of person that likes the city life more, this place is definitely not for you!
• Loud music is not allowed in the property as it is located in the forest area.
• Please do respect the privacy of the Guests living in the other rooms.