Untouched Natural Surroundings. Serene views of the snow-capped mountains.
Dreamcatchers, boho decor, comfy beddings. The perfect balance between raw nature and subtle luxury.
Home-cooked local cuisine, courteous staff, private washrooms, hygiene and fenced private land.
Luna is one of the 02 Exclusive Nests at Hushnest x Jangalia located at a secret location near Bhimtal: calm mountain breeze, melodious chirping of birds, lush fruit orchards, colorful butterflies, cotton candy clouds, magical sunsets, and star-studded night skies.
Luna is surrounded by trees and is decorated with dim-lights. Each nest has plug-sockets, some books, a “lock your phone” box, a solar torch, laminated floors, queen-sized beds with comfy beddings and private bamboo toilets.
Add-on experiences offered by the host
Kayaking at Naukuchiatal
Explore the naukuchiatal lake on a kayak. A must do while you are in the region.
Per Unit₹ 385
Drive down to Bhimtal (25 mins) and Naukuchiatal (20 mins) for some amazing cafes. Our favourite ones are Cafe By The Lake, I Heart Cafe and Chai etc .
Paragliding above Naukuchiatal
Feel like a bird during your 10 minutes flight above Naukuchiatal and Bhimtal as cool mountain breeze brushes against your skin.
Per Unit₹ 2500
They say people are the happiest when they are surrounded by nature…
At HushNest x Jangalia, located at a secret place near Bhimtal, you can discover the joy of being completely immersed in it: your private nest, calm mountain breeze, melodious chirping of birds, lush fruit orchards, colourful butterflies, cotton candy clouds down below, magical sunsets and star-studded night skies.
The whole idea is to help you escape to an enchanting place, away from the stressful city life, so that you can do that one thing you haven’t done for a while:
“Nothing at all”.
Snaky roads with spectacular views of the Bhimtal and Naukuchiatal Lake transport you to a lesser explored little hamlet called Jangalia Gaon. Even though Jangalia is just about 12 kms from Bhimtal, it seems like a different world all-together with a lot more green cover, a much cooler climate, less crowd and hence more peace and calm.
Hushnest x Jangalia has been set up amidst vegetable plantation and fruit trees with amazing views of the Himalayas, in the private farm of a kumaoni homestay and therefore the location is completely safe and secure.
The owners of the homestay are also the hosts at Hushnest x Jangalia and will make you feel at home with mouthwatering home-cooked local cuisine. Most of the raw material is sourced either from the farm itself or grown locally in the region around. You can even pluck your own vegetables and fruits.
This is your world. Enjoy it as it is. There is a common outdoor dining area overlooking the mountains and an area where the bonfire is setup.
Interaction with Guests
Our local staff has great stories to tell. The owner of the farmland might also be at the property at certain times and he surely can guide you the best places around.
The exact location of HushNest x Jangalia is kept secret until confirmation to maintain exclusivity.
Here are a few things to do around while you are here:
- Trek and explore the various picturesque trails around Jangalia. Ask your local host to take you around, you might be surprised by what you can find.
- Drive down to Bhimtal (25 mins) and Naukuchiatal (20 mins) for some amazing cafes. Our favourite ones are Cafe By The Lake, I Heart Cafe and Chai etc .
- There are also many soft adventure activities to choose from at Naukuchiatal such as Paragliding, Kayaking, Hot Air Ballooning, Water Zorbing, Zip Lining etc.
- The area surrounding HushNest x Jangalia is a haven for bird watchers. Take the opportunity to capture various species of birds and colourful butterflies.
- Soup for the soul: The change in colours during sunset and sunrise, the star-studded night sky and the crisp mountain air.
- And of course, you may just switch off your phone, read a book or soak in the beautiful views.
Jangalia Gaon is located about 12 kms (25 mins) from Bhimtal and about 350 kms (08 hrs) from Delhi. The popular hill station of Nainital is about 30 kms away.
All roads are nice and well-maintained while the last 03 kms up to the property is a drivable dirt road.
If you are coming by train / Volvo, you may get off at Kathgodam which is about 40 kms (1.5 hrs) from Hushnest x Jangalia. You can find regular taxis and shared cabs at Kathgodam or let us know if you’d like us to arrange a pick up for you.
Other Things to Note
- The place is located at a secret location near Bhimtal in a small village called Jangalia. We will share the exact directions upon confirmation. Getting to such places requires one to go off the beaten track. The last 3 kms is a dirt road and getting to the nests requires a short down hill walk of about 5 mins from where you park your car.
- Even though we have tried to offer all basic amenities, HushNest is meant to be a close to nature experience. It’s not luxury camping and we do not expect our guests to treat the place that way. While you are here, be nice to the locals, do not litter, do not play loud music and be one with nature.
- There is severe water shortage in the hills . There will be enough for you all. But, we will appreciate if you ensure there is no wastage.
- The network is weak in this area, however, you still get good 3G / 4G connection at certain points.
- The food is home-cooked by your local hosts, please share your food preferences well in advance. The host offers local / indian cuisine made from raw materials grown nearby. For the meals, we request you to kindly head to the area near the homestay so that food can be served hot.
- The 02 nests are located at an exclusive space dedicated to hushnest but within the premises of a homestay. The family that lives at the homestay are also your hosts. The host will visit the nests several times during the day to ask if you need anything at hushnest. There is no bell / room service since we are trying to offer a private experience.
- Depending on the weather, it gets a little hot inside the tents during the day. We recommend you open the windows for cross ventilation or you may spend the day walking around the village. If you’d like you may request your hosts to take you around; nothing better than being guided by the locals.
- The nests are stable in all weather conditions, however in case of heavy rainfall, we request you to keep the window zippers closed. Some water might still trickle in from the window zippers but the caretaker will come and dry it up for you as soon as the weather is better.
- Books, board games and cards are available on request. We have a small collection of books for you to choose from.
- Take care of the place just like it is your own.
- Slow and soft music is okay, but please do not play loud music. You are in the middle of nature.
- Be nice to the locals