Lush green surroundings and the authentic Kumaoni architecture consisting of stone and wood.
The view from this place is awe-inspiring. Spot peaks such as Nanda Devi and Trishul on a clear day.
Kumaoni cuisine made up of fresh vegetables grown organically on the premises.
A 02 bedroom cottage deep in the lap of nature where you will wake up to the melodious chirping of the birds singing in the woods with the first ray of the sun knocking your door and at night you will gaze seamlessly into the sky of a thousand stars.
A pathway through a small well-maintained garden consisting of a heterogeneous variety of plants and flowers leads you to the front door of a cottage constructed with locally available stone and wood.
Add-on experiences offered by the host
Nature / Village Walk
Let locals guide on a nature walk through nearby areas. The duration of the walk is around 45 mins. This walk is arranged with compliments from the host.
Add-on Lunch, Dinner & Snacks
The price of accommodation only includes breakfast. Choose this add-on to add extra meals to your package. With this add-on you will be served an extra lunch, Dinner and Snacks per day. Please note that we are offering this experience on a complementary basis for sometime.
Per Unit₹ 800
Movie Under The Stars
A beautiful dreamy open air movie screening set up with mattresses, quilts and fairy lights for our guests. The given cost entitles you to a Movie Under The Stars on any 01 day of your stay.
Per Unit₹ 3000
Spread out in 3 acres of land in the Himalayas and surrounded by virgin pine, oak and rhododendron trees with seasonal fruits and vegetables, Sukoon Homestay Almora (consisting of the 03 Bedroom Kumaoni Cottage and Raahat, the 02 bedroom cottage) celebrates Kumaon in its truest sense – the spirit, the architecture and the revelry. The inn breathes tranquillity and offers you the essence of authentic India: her friendliness, hospitality & serenely balanced lifestyle.
Interaction with Guests
We have a caretaker and an in-house chef who will assist with anything you may need. Even if its just a talk about the surrounding area and local culture of the place.
Places to visit around Sukoon:
• Kasar Devi
• Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
• Katarmal Temple
• Deer Park near Almora
To reach Sukoon Homestay, you should take the route via Bhimtal and Dhanachuli to Jalna. Please note that the last 1.5 kms to the property is a dirt road, however, if you are used to driving in the mountains, it should not be a hindrance.
Other Things to Note
• We serve home-cooked food. Please share your preferences with our cook well in advance.
• The Location is a little offbeat. There is a dirt road of 01 KM which takes you to Sukoon.
• This is a homestay and not a hotel. The place has been entirely built to provide a close to nature experience. We don’t have TVs in the rooms and there is no wifi.
Activities at Sukoon:
• Indoor games such as Chess, Ludo and Carrom
• Nature Walks around the property
• Barbecue and Bonfire (Chargeable)
• Loud music is not allowed in the property as it is located in the forest area.
• Please do respect the privacy of the Guests living in the other rooms.